Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Healthy Fried Rice

So I had some leftover rice from the other night and wanted to use it up. So I decided to get a little creative for lunch. So I made a healthy version of fried rice. I will explain some substitutions I made in the recipe.

Brown rice (instead of white) (however much you want, I just used whatever i had leftover)
Cholesterol free egg
Low Sodium veggie broth ( I mentioned in my last recipe i use it instead of oil)
1/4 Bell pepper
Scallions
Liquid Aminos ( It is a healthier version of soy sauce with a lot less sodium)

    First cook the eggs scrambled then add the rice and some broth and "fry it up". Next add the peppers and scallions and the aminos and just cook everything until it is done. So easy! Feel free to add more veggies and other ingredients to make it more creative. I was just a little lazy and hungry to prepare other things but I know I will try different versions of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment