Saturday, July 27, 2013

mocha protein pancakes


 
So I was really in a coffee and chocolate mood the other day so I decided to try out some mocha protein pancakes. And boy was I glad I did. I even made them this morning again. The coffee flavor was not too prominent so if you want an extra kick I would add some extra coffee granules. But they were so good and actually pretty fluffy for protein pancakes, as you can see on the bottom picture.
 
Recipe:
 
1/3 cup oat flour + a couple tbsps
2 tsp instant coffee granules
2 tsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1scoop chocolate whey protein powder
3 egg whites
1/4 cup almond milk
stevia to taste\
 
 First ground your oats into a flour, then add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix together. Then add the egg whites and almond milk and mix until incorporated. Cook on a nonstick pan and/or one with some spray on low heat until cooked. If you make them small like I did they come out to be 15 mini pancakes! Which is fun for stacking and putting toppings in the middle. I topped mine with about a cup of microwaved frozen berries ( they get juicy) and a mixture of heated cocoa powder and almond milk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment