Monday, July 15, 2013

Wisdom teeth woes

So I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth taken out this past Thursday. Ouchie. Since then I've been eating all things mashed and pureed. Honestly, after the second day my diet has not changed tooooo much. I eat alot of the same things I ate before, but i made them easier to eat by putting things in the blender, or mashing them with a fork. Of course some things i eat out of my menu that are too hard to chew and I'm not able to make into a chewy version. So I'm getting all my necessary nutrients but the variety is lacking and I'm longing to be able to use my jaw regularly again. Some things I've been eating these past few days include:
  • Oatmeal
  • Smoothies
  • Greek Yogurt
  • Unsweetened apple sauce
  • Soups with all natural ingredients and no preservatives (only down side is more sodium than i would normally like, but I gotta make do)
  • Mashed potatoes/sweet potatoes
  • Mashed black beans
  • etc
I think the thing I hate most about this is the fact that i couldn't work out for 3 days and now i am taking it very slowly. The last thing I want it to disrupt the blood clots in my extraction sites and slow down my healing process. Today instead of not exercising and also not going too hard i took a walk on the treadmill. While yes, my last post was how I rather do HIIT cardio instead of steady state but I really think this is a good exception. For thirty minutes I just did a regularly paced walk. I was so bored its not even funny, but its better to be slow than sorry! I might add  little more intensity every day until I think I am healed enough to where i can go back to my usual pace. And I literally cannot wait until that day because I feel as though I am losing definition. But that just might be my exercise withdrawal talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment