Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Schedule your workout!

   

     So many people use the excuse of " I have no time to workout" Uh sure you do, because you learn to make time! Everyone has the same 24 hours in a day and it is up to you to use every minute of it wisely. When I first started exercising I literally took out my planner and wrote down the schedule of my life. I made sure to add in there when I was able to work out because I knew if I wrote it down I had to do it. If I had purposely given myself that amount of time to do this, there was no excuse about not having time. Before you decide a specific time to workout, decide what time of the day you are more likely to give it your all. Do this, unless you literally have no other time except the one you have chosen and don't have the luxury of picking another. But if you do have a few time slots available, try out times in the morning, afternoon and evening. Me personally, I know that the absolute best time for me to workout is right when I wake up. I wake up, eat a quick breakfast because I don't like working out on an empty stomach ( just my personal preference) get ready, and go at it. I like exercising in the mornings because I am not able to let myself have any other excuses. Later in the day I will tell myself that I have to study, or I'm too full from all the days meals or I have too many errands to run, whatever it is, I find it later in the day. If you are that kind of person like I am, I highly suggest starting your morning with a work out! After it is done, you don't have to think about it anymore and you started your day off with a bang. But hey, not everyone is like that, so if you prefer to work out in the middle of the day or like to end your day with one go for it! Just make sure you put it in your schedule. Whether you need to write it down, at least in the beginning, or if it is just a mental schedule, make sure you stick with it. Also, especially if you are a college student like me, your schedule is not the same everyday and your workout schedule doesn't have to be either. If Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays it is easier for you to workout in the mornings but Tuesdays and Thursdays, the evenings: whatever! Just make sure you keep with it.
     Another helpful tip about scheduling your workouts is to write down what you are going to do each day. For example: Mon= cardio Tues=legs Wed=arms etc. Then write down the specific exercises in each. This will help you go to the gym and know what you are doing and not just waste time lollygagging....(yes I just said that) and therefore give you even less of a readon to say you do not have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment